Saturday, January 9, 2010
Where you from?
I always wondered what I, as an American, sounded like to someone from England. I mean, I know what they sound like to me, and it's different, but what do I sound like to them? I mean, I am speaking their freaking language. On the same token, when I hear someone speaking Spanish, they all sound the same to me. However, someone who speaks Spanish, and is from a Spanish speaking country, when they hear Spanish, they hear it for what country it comes from. Can't the context that you hear music in apply to your nationality and culture. This is probably the place that meaning applies most to music. When it is engrained in you culture, you derive great meaning and familiarity, where as if someone hears it who is from a different country, they are not going to get any of the same feelings that the music envokes in you. To them, it is music that is from your country, and to you, it is just music.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment